Ceres Consulting


Phone: 023 8849000
Mobile: 087 2804202


Under the Waste Management Act 1996 and more recently the Waste Management (Facility Permit & Registration) Regulations 2007, all waste activities must have either a waste licence from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a waste permit/ certificate of registration from the relevant County Council or local authority.

Activities that need a permit/certificate of registration, as detailed in the Waste Management (Permit) Regulations, include recycling and recovery facilities, car dismantling facilities and disposal facilities where the annual intake is less than 5,000 tonnes (excluding hazardous waste and landfills).

Activities requiring a permit /cert of registration are generally smaller scale activities with low environmental risk. Your County Council or local authority will not grant a permit unless it is satisfied that:

  • The activity will not cause environmental pollution.

  • Emissions will not contravene relevant standards or emission limit values.

  • Best technology, which does not entail excessive cost, will be used.


Ceres Consulting can assist with your application and where necessary, organise extra scientific and technical expertise if required. Please contact us for a no-obligation consultation.